No one really pays too much attention to their flooring unless there is a problem. However, flooring is an essential part of the workplace and should be considered carefully as it can offer safety features and even encourage productivity.
There are many types of flooring on the market, but epoxy flooring offers a range of benefits that you won’t get in other types. So if you are looking for a way to improve your space, then epoxy flooring is the best option to consider.
Epoxy goes over concrete and acts as a sealant. This type of coating can be used in commercial locations for any floored areas such as walkways, hallways, and waiting areas. It is commonly used on production floors and even as a coating for garage floors. In some instances, it can be used on the ceilings or the walls.
Epoxy flooring can be used anywhere, but the most common types of facilities include warehouses, educational institutions, manufacturing plants, pharmaceutical buildings, laboratories, and food or beverage plants. With epoxy flooring so popular in the market today, you may be wondering what this type of flooring can do for your business. iEpoxy has put together a list of the top ten benefits that epoxy flooring has to offer.
The Benefits Include:
- Strength – When epoxy flooring is poured, it is smooth and viscous. Once it dries, it converts to a solid polymer that is very strong. It is not possible to break it down chemically, which makes it perfect for certain industries.
- Durability – Coating concrete floors with epoxy allow them to resist wear and tear for years, or even decades. This helps you to save money in the long run on repairs or floor replacement.
- Easy to Maintain – Concrete is naturally porous which can make it hard to clean as it ages. Epoxy coatings allow for easier maintenance and cleaning.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Epoxy flooring comes in a variety of colors and patterns. You can create a custom look to fit your business or commercial space with ease.
- Time Saver – With some flooring, installation can run on for days or weeks. Epoxy installations are much quicker than other flooring options which means less downtime during your upgrade.
- Resistant to Chemicals – Epoxy coatings have the strength and resilience to withstand the use of strong chemicals and harsh solvents. This is perfect for medical facilities, schools, and other places that use tough chemicals on a regular basis.
- Safety – Floors coated with epoxy are temperature, slippage, and fire resistance. They are also able to hold up to extreme impacts which are important in warehouses and certain industries.
- Reduces Vehicle Maintenance – The smooth surface of epoxy helps to reduce wear and tear on vehicles which means that you will have to repair them less often. For commercial and industrial machinery, this can mean a savings of several thousands of dollars annually.
- Bright – Epoxy comes in a matt or high gloss finishes. This allows more light to be included in your space by way of reflection. This helps cut down on cost while improving visibility.
- Environmentally Friendly – Epoxy floors reduce the number of materials needed for commercial and industrial buildings. Instead of installing new floors or replacing damaged machinery epoxy flooring is an affordable alternative.
How We Can Help
If you are looking for a skilled, knowledgeable, and professional Toronto epoxy flooring installation company, iEpoxy Flooring is here to help. We have been working with epoxy for generations and want to help you select the best flooring option for your space. To find out more about our prices, or to talk to us about your project, give us a call at 416-825-2542 today.